Our smallest utility trailer is great for honey-do’s and modest jobs. It’s tough just like the others, yet takes less space. These are DIY plans for a Torsion Axle Trailer – or, we also have the leaf spring trailer plans for the same 4′ x 6′ size if you prefer.
This small and light trailer is a workhorse. Yes, it’s easier to store and pull with a smaller vehicle, but it’s still fully engineered and tough for a long life. Torsion axles tend to do very well with small bumps and vibrations, and they offer independent suspension. Make this 4′ x 6′, or build the 4′ x 8′ Torsion Axle Trailer which is similar, though a little longer.
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions with a parts list and recommendations for places to purchase materials, and components. There are also options for customizing.
- 4′ x 6′ Functional Bed Size (Inside the Frame Rails for True 4′ Cargo Width.)
- Torsion Axle Trailer – 2000 lb. Capacity, Designed Perfectly to Handle Your Jobs.
- Trailer design is in Steel using standard materials. Main beams assembly is by welding.
- Has design options for a Loading Ramp, and/or Several Types of Sides. Choose what you like.
- Other options like a top and some tie-down placements are illustrated in the blueprints.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 330 lbs (minimal flat bed) up. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
- Customize Your Trailer to Meet Your Specific Needs. Plans Show Options.
- Plans Include Complete Drawings and Illustrated Instructions.
More About The Design Features
The plans have lots of options, some of which are in the animated image below. Choose the options, then build the trailer perfect for you. Use our ideas or some of your own. A top, sides or tailgate. Maybe a ramp, a tongue mounted toolbox, tie-down bars, hidden tie-down spots, or something else. Your imagination is the limit.
More 4′ x 6′ Torsion Axle Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 6 ft. 3.5″. long — which makes a full, usable 4′ x 6′ deck space even if sides are added.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~121 inches. (May vary with options.)
- While trailer bed height will depend on design options, it can range from 14 inches up. (Bed height shown is 16″.)
- Max capacity is 2000 lbs.* including the trailer and the cargo.
- True Torsion Axle Trailer Design — Engineered for long life even with full loading of the torsion axle. Read here about Why the Engineering matters.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.