Our smallest utility trailer is great for honey-do’s and modest jobs. And, plans are available here for a torsion axle trailer, or choose the leaf spring trailer plans (same 4′ x 6′ size) instead.
This small and light trailer is still a workhorse. Yes, it’s easier to store and pull with a smaller vehicle, but it’s still fully engineered tough. Torsion axles tend to do very well with small bumps and vibrations, and they offer independent suspension. Make this one or the 4′ x 8′ Torsion Axle Trailer which is similar, but longer.
- 4′ x 6′ Functional Bed Size (Inside Frame Rails for True 4′ Cargo Width.)
- Torsion Axle Trailer – 2000 lb. Capacity, Designed Perfectly to Handle the Torsion.
- Has Design Options for a Building a Ramp, and/or Several Types of Sides. Choose what you like.
- Blueprints Include Plans for a Simple Motorcycle Travel Rack.
- Plans Include Complete Drawings and Illustrated Instructions.
4×6 Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions with a parts list and recommendations for places to purchase materials, and components. There are also options for customizing. (The animated image shows some of the options.)
We recommend you look through the options, then choose the ones that will make the trailer perfect for you. Use our ideas or some of your own. A top, sides or tailgate. Maybe a ramp, a tongue mounted toolbox, tie-down bars, or something else.
4′ x 6′ Torsion Axle Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 6 ft. 3.5″. long — which makes a full usable 4′ x 6′ utility deck space.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~121 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height will depend on design options chosen and can range from 14 inches up. (Bed height shown is 16″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 2000 lbs.* including the trailer.
- True Torsion Axle Trailer Design — Engineered specifically for long life even with the full loading of a torsion axle.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 330 lbs (minimal flat bed) up. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- And, for even more about trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.