One size up from our smallest utility trailer, this 4 x 8 2000 lb torsion axle utility trailer is ready for all sorts of big jobs. Big is relative, of course, but yard and garden, or hauling fun to the vacation are perfect. These plans are Engineered for a torsion axle, or, if you prefer, choose the leaf spring trailer plans (of the same 4 x 8 2000 lb size) instead.
- 4′ x 8′ Functional Bed Size (Inside Frame Rails for True 4′ Cargo Width.)
- Torsion Axle Trailer – 2000 lb. Capacity – Designed for a Single, Torsion Axle.
- Has Design Options for a Building a Ramp, and Sides. Choose what you like.
- Blueprints Include an Optional Motorcycle Rack.
- Plans Include Complete Drawings and Illustrated Instructions.
4 x 8 2000 Lb Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions, with a parts list, and recommendations for materials and components. Then, because it’s your trailer, we include options for customizing — so you can build it just the way you want it. (The image shows some of the options.)
We recommend you look through the options, then choose the ones that will make the trailer perfect for you. Use our ideas, or some of your own. A top, sides or tailgate. Maybe a ramp, a tongue mounted toolbox, tie-down bars, or something else.
4′ x 8′ Torsion Axle Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 8 ft. 3.5″. long — for a full usable 4′ x 8′ deck size, even with added sides.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~121 inches. (Can vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height depends on design options and can range from 14 inches up. (Bed height shown is 16″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 4 x 8 2000 lbs.* including the trailer.
- True Torsion Axle Trailer Design — Engineered for long life — even when fully loading the torsion axle.
- Trailer weight varies with design options, but will range from 360 lbs (minimal flat bed) up. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
Do You Need More? We offer an excellent 4′ x 8′ Torsion Axle Trailer in a 3500 lb capacity.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.