One size up from our smallest utility trailer, this 4 x 8 2000 lb torsion axle trailer is ready for all sorts of big jobs. Big is relative, of course, but yard and garden or hauling fun to the vacation are perfect. These plans have a torsion axle, or choose the leaf spring trailer plans (of the same size) instead.
- 4′ x 8′ Functional Bed Size (Inside Frame Rails for True 4′ Cargo Width.)
- Torsion Axle Trailer – 2000 lb. Capacity – Designed for a Single, Torsion Axle.
- Has Design Options for a Building a Ramp, and Sides. Choose what you like.
- Blueprints Include an Optional Motorcycle Rack.
- Plans Include Complete Drawings and Illustrated Instructions.
4 x 8 2000 Lb Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions with a parts list and recommendations for places to purchase materials, and components. There are also options for customizing – build it just the way you want it. (The image shows some of the options.)
We recommend you look through the options, then choose the ones that will make the trailer perfect for you. Use our ideas or some of your own. A top, sides or tailgate. Maybe a ramp, a tongue mounted toolbox, tie-down bars, or something else.
4′ x 8′ Torsion Axle Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 8 ft. 3.5″. long — for a full usable 4′ x 8′ deck size.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~121 inches. (Can vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height depends on design options and can range from 14 inches up. (Bed height shown is 16″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 4 x 8 2000 lbs.* including the trailer.
- True Torsion Axle Trailer Design — Engineered for long life with a fully loaded torsion axle.
- Trailer weight varies with design options, but will range from 360 lbs (minimal flat bed) up. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.