A workhorse trailer that’s the perfect size for many people. These plans are designed with full Engineering for an excellent 4′ x 8′ – 3500# utility trailer with a torsion axle. An excellent choice for all sorts of yard and garden, home remodeling and other chores. Plus it’s not so big for storing. See details below and buy now with the buttons above.
If you’re looking for something the same size, but a little lighter, we also offer a 4 x 8 2000 lb torsion axle utility trailer. And we offer a leaf spring suspension model of this same 4′ x 8′ – 3500# tough utility trailer plans. Find the plans you need, then check out all our trailer and construction tips to get it built.
- 4′ x 8′ Functional Bed Size (Inside Frame Rails for True 4′ Cargo Width) so Plywood and other materials fit in without scraping the sides.
- Torsion Axle Utility Trailer – 3500 lb. Capacity – Designed for a Single, Torsion Axle.
- Has Design Options for a Building a Ramp, and Sides. Build it the way you want it.
- Blueprints Include an Optional Motorcycle Rack and lots of Tie-Down Options.
- Plans Include Complete Drawings and Illustrated Instructions.
4′ x 8′ – Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions, with a parts list, and recommendations for materials and components. Then, because it’s your trailer, we include options for customizing — so you can build it just the way you want it. (The image shows some of the options.)
We recommend you look through the options, then choose the ones that will make the trailer perfect for you. Use our ideas, or some of your own. A top, sides or tailgate. Maybe a ramp, a tongue mounted toolbox, tie-down bars, or something else.
4′ x 8′ – 3500# Torsion Axle Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 8 ft. 3.5″. long — for a full usable 4′ x 8′ deck size, even with added sides.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~147 inches. (Can vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height depends on design options and can range from 16 inches up. (Bed height shown is 20″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 4′ x 8′ – 3500# * including the trailer.
- True Torsion Axle Utility Trailer Design — Engineered for long life — even when fully loading the torsion axle.
- While trailer weight varies with design options, the minimal flat bed is approximately 550 lbs. Weight goes up with options from there. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
Want More? The next trailer size up is the 5′ x 8′ – 3500# Torsion Axle Trailer
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.