A workhorse trailer that’s the perfect size for many people. These plans are designed with full Engineering for an excellent 4′ x 8′ – 3500# utility trailer with a torsion axle. An excellent choice for all sorts of yard and garden, home remodeling and other chores. Plus it’s not so big for storing. See details below and buy now with the buttons above.
These plans include a lot more than just the trailer. Our competitors sell plans for a specific trailer. Not us. These plans include lots of options so you can build the trailer to do the things you need a trailer for. We know one trailer does not meet all needs, so use options in the plans, or add your own.
– We also offer a leaf spring model of this same 4′ x 8′ – 3500# tough utility trailer plans.
– For the same size, but little lighter duty, please see the 4 x 8, 2000 lb torsion axle utility trailer.
– And the next size wider, 5’x 8′ – 3500# with Torsion Axle.
- 4′ x 8′ Functional Bed Size (inside the frame rails for true 4′ Cargo width).
- Plywood and other materials will fit in this trailer without damage to the edges.
- Torsion Axle Utility Trailer – 3500 lb. Capacity – Designed for a Single, Torsion Axle.
- Has design options for building a Ramp, and Sides. Build it the way you want it.
- While trailer weight varies with design options, the minimal flat bed is approximately 550 lbs. Weight goes up with options. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
- Blueprints include an optional Motorcycle Rack and lots of Tie-Down Options.
- Because you deserve it complete, plans include full Drawings and illustrated Instructions.
4′ x 8′ – Utility Trailer Details
Plans are fully engineered and include easy to follow, illustrated instructions, with a parts list, and recommendations for materials and components. Then, because it’s your trailer, we include options for customizing — so you can build it to do what you want. (See the images to view some of the options.)
We recommend looking through the options, then choose the ones that will make the trailer perfect for you. Use our ideas, or some of your own. While you may want a simple plain trailer, there are options too. A top, sides or tailgate. Maybe a ramp, a tongue mounted toolbox, tie-down bars, or something else.
4′ x 8′ – 3500# Torsion Axle Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 8 ft. 3.5″. long — for a full usable 4′ x 8′ deck size, even with added sides.
- A little bigger than tradition, because we think cargo space is a better measure for utility trailer size.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~147 inches. (Can vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height depends on design options and can range from 16 inches up. (Bed height shown is 20″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 4′ x 8′ – 3500# * including the trailer.
- True Torsion Axle Utility Trailer Design — Engineered for long life — even when fully loading the torsion axle.
- Check out all the construction tips and advice to get your trailer built perfect.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.