Our smallest, 4×6 utility trailer is great for honey-do’s, modest jobs, or to haul a motorcycle. Small and light also means easier to store and to pull behind a smaller vehicle. Yet, even small, this trailer is tough to handle all the odd jobs.
- 4′ x 6′ Functional Bed Size (Inside Frame Rails for True 4′ Cargo Width.)
- Single Axle – 2000 lb. Capacity, Leaf Spring Style.
- Has Design Options for a Removable Ramp, and Various Types of Sides.
- Includes Simple Plans for a Motorcycle Travel Stand.
- Plans Include Complete Drawings and Illustrated Instructions.
4×6 Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions — including a parts list, suggested places to purchase the components, and options for customizing the construction. (The animated image shows some options. Other options are also in the plans.)
Design options maximize utility and usefulness, and they allow trailer customizing for your own unique needs. A top, sides or tailgate are options. Extras like a motorcycle stand, a ramp, toolbox mounting, tie-down bars, and more (all included in the plans) can add extra function to your 4×6 utility trailer.
4×6 Utility Trailer Technical Information:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft 4″ wide x 6 ft 3.5″. long. Makes full 4 x 6 utility deck space.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~121 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height will depend on design options chosen and can range from 16 inches up. (Bed height shown is 19″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 2000 lbs.* including the trailer.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 330 lbs (minimal flat bed) up. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- And, for even more about trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.