For a small, tough, lifted, off road capable Jeep trailer — use these Off Road Trailer Plans. This one is tough, with lots of ground clearance for carrying your gear on those out and yonder adventures. Several options allow you to customize the trailer — and feel free to make your own enhancements to make it perfect for your travels!!
If you need something a touch stouter, and with a torsion axle, check out our Off Road 4′ x 6.5′ 2500# Trailer Plans.
- Single axle, leaf spring design. High clearance “lifted” options.
- 4′ x 6′ nominal bed size. (Actual bed is slightly bigger.)
- 2000 lb. trailer capacity.
- Options for sides and/or a top.
- Optional removable ramp plans included.
- Plans include complete drawings and instructions.
- Plans include lists of components and materials along with possible sources.
Off Road Trailer Plans Details:
By your request . . . Here are the plans for a smallish, high clearance off road trailer designed to hitch to your 4×4 and head to the hills. A Jeep Trailer? Yes. And an anyone, everywhere 4×4 trailer.
Plans include detail drawings, illustrated instructions, and several options for versatility — including the sides and opening top options shown in the image. Use your imagination and attach the accessories you need — like fuel tanks, shovels, jacks, etc.. Install a fold out top tent for camping off the ground too, if you want. The trailer is designed tough to handle your adventures. Throw in your gear and go.
Utility Trailer Technical Information:
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 4 ft. wide x 6 ft. long.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~127 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height as shown is 26.5″. Actual height will depend on options chosen. Can be lifted higher to match your 4×4 if desired. Also bigger tires are certainly an option — for looks and for function.
- Ground clearance as shown is 14″ (axle) and 18″ (central). Actual clearance will depend on options, like tire size.
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 2000 lbs.* including the trailer.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 400 lbs (minimal flat bed w/o deck) on up.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- And, for even more about trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.