For a small, tough, lifted, off road capable Jeep trailer — use these Off Road Trailer Plans. This one is tough, with lots of ground clearance for carrying your gear on those out and yonder adventures. Several options included allow you to customize the trailer — and feel free to make your own enhancements to make it perfect for your travels!!
- Single axle, leaf spring design. High clearance “lifted” options.
- 4′ x 6′ nominal bed size. (Actual bed is slightly bigger.)
- 2000 lb. trailer capacity.
- Options for sides and/or a top.
- Optional removable ramp plans included.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans include complete drawings and instructions.
Off Road Trailer Plans Details:
By your request . . . Here are the plans for a smallish, high clearance off road trailer designed to hitch to your 4X4 and head to the hills. A Jeep Trailer? Yes. And an anyone 4×4 trailer.
Plans include detail drawings, illustrated instructions, and several options for versatility — including the sides and opening top options shown in the image. Use your imagination and attach the accessories you need — like fuel tanks, shovels, jacks, etc.. Install a fold out top tent too, if you want. The trailer is designed tough to handle your adventures. Throw in your gear and go.
Utility Trailer Technical Information:
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 4 ft. wide x 6 ft. long.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~127 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height as shown is 26.5″. Actual height will depend on options chosen. Can be lifted much higher to match your 4×4 if desired.
- Ground clearance as shown is 14″ (axle) and 18″ (central). Actual clearance will depend on options, like tire size.
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 2000 lbs.* including the trailer.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 450 lbs (minimal flat bed) up.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metal working skills and tool for things like cutting steel, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, and Enjoy the Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- To purchase these trailer plans, use the “ADD TO CART” button above.
- For more info about our plans, please read What’s In The Plans?
- Specific info about our trailers is at What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- More about trailers in general is in these two articles: “What makes a good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing the Right Utility Trailer”.