If you carry things to the mountains, deserts, and remote parts of the world, then do it in style! Use this as the platform to build your dream adventure rig. These Off-Road Trailer Plans are fully engineered and ready to build. This design is slightly larger — 4′ x 6.5′ — and has more center ground clearance — than our more traditional 4×6 Off Road trailer.
Small and light — This adventure trailer is a workhorse, and it’s ready for you to build for the next big outing. Use this as a platform to build for your rig and conquer that dream 4×4 adventure.
- 4′ x 6′ 6″ Functional Bed Size (Inside the Frame Rails for a True 4’+ Cargo Width.)
- Torsion Axle Trailer – up to 2500 lb. Capacity.
- Engineered Plans are Designed for High Ground Clearance and for Large Tires.
- Has Design Options for Several Types of Sides and Various Deck Types, so you can choose what you like.
- While the Base Trailer is a Flatbed, It Is Designed for the DIY Builder to Create the desired functionality above. Build a Camper Top, Cargo Storage, Boat Racks, Sleeping Quarters, or Whatever on Top.
- Trailer will Support a Roof Top Camper and all Sorts of Gear. Build Your Adventure.
- Blueprints Show Many Options For Tie-Down Locations.
- Plans Include Illustrated Instructions and Complete Drawings Ready To Build.
4′ x 6.5′ Adventure Trailer Details:
These off-road trailer plans include step-by-step illustrated instructions with a parts and materials lists. We also include recommendations for places to purchase the materials, and needed components.
Please look through the various options, then choose the right ones for your perfect trailer. Use the ideas given along with ideas of your own. These include a top, sides or tailgate, then maybe a tongue mounted tool box, tie-down bars, a rooftop sleeper, or something else. Build a support structure to hold a roof top camper. It’s all up to you because these plans are totally customizable.
Torsion Axle Off-Road Trailer Plans Tech Info:
- True trailer bed size is 4 ft. 4″ wide by 6 ft. 9.5″. long — which makes a full usable deck space greater than 4×6.5 even with sides.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~127 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer deck height will depend on design options chosen. (Bed height shown is roughly 24″.)
- Ground clearance depends on choices like wheel and tire size. (Without additional lift spacers, trailer frame ground clearance is 18″ while Axle clearance is 17+”.)
- Max load capacity (depending on options) is 2500 lbs.* including the trailer.
- True Torsion Axle Trailer Design — Engineered specifically for the demands of long life on rough terrain.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 400 lbs (minimal flat bed) up. See our FAQ on trailer weight.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.