A 5×10 Utility Trailer is a very popular size. Great for all kinds of jobs – from weekend yard work — to moving — or taking ATV’s or motorcycles out. This design is strong with C-Channel side beams — optimal strength for the weight. The 5×10 utility trailer is one of our most popular. Check out all the unique features.
If you need something a little wider, our 6×10 Trailer Plans offer a little more space.
- Single axle, leaf spring design.
- 5′ x 10′ nominal bed size.
- Option for a 2000 lb. or 3500 lb. trailer capacity.
- Plans include several options for capacity and utility.
- Removable ramp, and sides options included.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans include complete drawings and instructions.
5×10 Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include illustrated instructions, parts and materials lists, suggested places to purchase the needed parts, and options for construction. (The animated picture shows some of the options. Or, for something a little smaller, check out the 5×8 Utility Trailer which has the same options as this 5×10 utility trailer.)
Design options make it possible for you to truly customize your trailer — to make it look nice and to make it function to your particular needs. Add-ons like a top, sides or tailgate are easy. And, a motorcycle stand, a ramp and toolbox mounting (in the plans) make nice functional additions.
Utility Trailer Technical Information:
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 5 ft. wide x 10 ft. long.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~183 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height will depend on design options chosen and can range from 17 inches up.(Bed height shown is ~19″.)
- Max capacity for the 5×10 utility trailer (depending on options) is 3500 lbs.* (which includes the trailer weight).
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 630 lbs (minimal flat bed) up.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metal working skills and tool for things like cutting steel, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, and Enjoy the Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- To purchase these trailer plans, use the “ADD TO CART” button above.
- For more info about our plans, please read What’s In The Plans?
- Specific info about our trailers is at What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- More about trailers in general is in these two articles: “What makes a good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing the Right Utility Trailer”.