These 5×10 Utility Trailer Plans make a great trailer for all kinds of jobs. From weekend yard work , to moving duties, to taking ATV’s or motorcycles out, this trailer will do it. This design is strong with rectangular tube main beams and C-Channel front and back. The 5×10 utility trailer is one of our most popular, partly because of the size, yet partly because of all the options. Check out the unique features.
- Single axle, leaf spring design.
- 5′ x 10′ nominal bed size. The actual bed size is a little larger.
- 3500 lb. axle capacity.
- Plans include several design options for capacity and utility.
- Removable ramp, and sides options included.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans package is complete with drawings and illustrated instructions.
5×10 Utility Trailer Plans Details:
Plans include the blueprints, of course, but also have instructions, parts and materials lists, suggested places to purchase the needed parts, and lots of options for construction. (The animated picture shows some of the options that come with these 5×10 utility trailer plans.)
Design options for building the trailer make it possible for you to truly customize your work — to make it look nice and to make it function to your particular needs. Add-ons like a top, sides or tailgate are easy. And, a motorcycle stand, a ramp and toolbox mounting make nice functional additions.
All of these are options. The flatbed is the base trailer, and it will handle the loads even without adding sides or other things for stiffness.
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 5 ft. wide x 10 ft. long. 62″ Width, 123″ Length edge to edge.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~174 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Deck height will depend on design options chosen and can range from 17 inches up. (Bed height shown is ~19″.)
- Max capacity for the 5×10 utility trailer (depending on options) is 3500 lbs.* (which includes the trailer weight).
- Total weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 630 lbs (minimal flat bed) on up.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.