A best seller, a trailer made from these 5 x 8 Trailer Plans is better than having a pickup truck for yard work, moving, or for taking the motorcycle(s). Like the size longer 5×10, this trailer is designed strong with C-Channel main beams for optimal strength for the weight. Check out the unique features.
- Single axle, leaf spring design.
- 5′ x 8′ nominal bed size.
- 2000 lb. or 3500 lb. trailer capacity.
- Plans include several options for capacity and utility.
- Removable ramp, and several sides options included.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans include complete drawings and instructions.
5 x 8 Trailer Plans Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions — including materials list, a parts list, suggested places to purchase the parts, and construction options. (The picture shows some of the options in animation — even a landscape type hinged tailgate. Or, for something a little larger, visit the 5×10 Utility Trailer page. This trailer has the same options.)
Design options include maximum utility and usefulness and for trailer customization to meet your particular needs. Things like a top, sides or tailgate add function if you want. Extras like a motorcycle stand, a ramp and toolbox mounting (in the plans) can also make the trailer perfect.
Utility Trailer Technical Information:
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 5 ft. wide x 8 ft. long — long enough to lay 8′ sheet goods down flat.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~153 inches. (May vary with options.)
- 5 x 8 trailer plans bed height will depend on design options chosen and can range from 17 inches up.(Bed height shown is ~19″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 3500 lbs.* including the trailer.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 600 lbs (minimal flat bed) up.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metal working skills and tool for things like cutting steel, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, and Enjoy the Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- To purchase these trailer plans, use the “ADD TO CART” button above.
- For more info about our plans, please read What’s In The Plans?
- Specific info about our trailers is at What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- More about trailers in general is in these two articles: “What makes a good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing the Right Utility Trailer”.