As an awesome accessory for hauling or storing small boats (canoes and kayaks) this is a fantastic addition to a utility trailer. The canoe / kayak rack is designed to be set up and used, or folded, stacked, and set aside. Use it to store boats — either on or off the trailer — then to haul the boats to the water. If you travel with several canoes or kayaks, this is a great rack! Build it to make the trips and access easier.
- This design is NOT a trailer, just a rack that is great to put on a trailer or use separately for boat storage.
- Width size options for use as Canoe rack, or a Kayak rack.
- 6 boat capacity.
- Folds up to just a few inches thick when not in use.
- Attach this rack to nearly any utility type trailer.
- Makes an excellent rack to store boats — On or Off a trailer.
- Plans include complete drawings and illustrated instructions.
Canoe / Kayak Rack Details:
This nifty boat rack holds up to 6 canoes or kayaks (or any combination). When not in use, the rack comes apart for easy placement out of the way — like to rest flat (against a wall for instance) as shown in the image. Options in the plans show size changes to build it smaller, for use as a kayak rack.
The rack is normally used in 2 different ways:
- To stand alone, usually on the ground or small platform, to hold the boats storage.
- Bolted to the flat bed of a utility trailer to become a boat hauler.
And it’s easy enough to use the same rack for both purposes.
The image shows 2 canoes loaded on one side of the rack. Plans are for the rack only, you supply the boats. This is a simple design that is easy to build . . . . Read more about What is in the Plans . . .
Construction requires metal cutting, drilling, and welding.