Like the 5′ wide ATV trailer, but this one is a foot wider and 6″ longer to easily haul more gear to the fun. This trailer is specifically designed for 2 ATV’s and includes space for the ramps needed to easily load and unload. Saddle up to easily haul your ATV’s.
- Leaf spring type single axle for simplicity and strength.
- 6′ x 16′ flat bed size (for 2 ATV’s)
- 3500 lb. trailer axle capacity.
- Options for deck height, material, and for tongue length, etc.. (Image shows animation of options.)
- Front shield or storage space optional.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans include drawings and fabrication instructions.
ATV Trailer Plans Details:
These are plans for larger version of the 2 ATV trailers we offer — Both sizes easily handle 2 full size ATV’s:
The smaller size (5’x 10.5′ bed) is a little narrower and slightly sorter. This is the larger size (6’x 11′ bed) made for towing behind a full size vehicle, and it has a little extra space or to carry the extra gear if needed. Both trailers are designed for a single axle, 3500 lbs. preferred, and come with lots of options for customizing them to your needs.
Note: The actual bed size is a little wider than 6′ and a little longer than 11′. See below.
Build It To Meet Your Needs:
For Strength and simplicity, our trailers use steel beams with triangulation to make them stiff. Other trailer designs are weaker, so they require short sides for adequate strength. These are designed strong from the frame up.
Stability is also achieved by design from the frame up through applying the fundamentals. Even things like a tongue that’s long enough for proper vehicle spacing and allows good maneuverability.
There there are loads of options for Versatility to make life easier — designed into the plans of our ATV trailer. Things like axle and brake options for load variations and for bed height, various tie-down locations and ways for mounting them, sides (if you want them on an ATV trailer), plus bed material options and a fold down tailgate/ramp.
Finally, the added Options. Here is a partial list, some of which are shown in the animated image:
- Ramps, and the Hidden under the bed storage option.
- Bed Material & Height Options.
- Front Storage / Shield Options.
- Optional Toolbox and Storage Mounting.
- Infinitely Variable Tie-down Options.
- Tailgate Options.
- And More … All specifically designed for ATV’s.
These ATV Trailer Plans are a great base, but don’t show every possible customization. When you build the trailer yourself, you can add things of your own to make it perfect.
Plans also include a full list of materials, suggested parts and sources, complete illustrated instructions, full detailed drawings, (and more . . . ).
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metal working skills and tool for things like cutting steel, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, and Enjoy the Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- To purchase these trailer plans, use the “ADD TO CART” button above.
- For more info about our plans, please read What’s In The Plans?
- Specific info about our trailers is at What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- More about trailers in general is in these two articles: “What makes a good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing the Right Utility Trailer”.