A sturdy Tiny House Foundation (trailer) to build your custom home on. Begin with a solid foundation, which allows confident Tiny House construction, knowing the foundation is secure.
These plans show a 20 foot length deck, 100 inches wide. The design is specific as Tiny House Trailer. Engineering is for strength, stiffness, and a lifetime of service. These are Trailer Plans Only. Build the trailer as the foundation, then the dream house with a floor plan of your choice. The trailer includes an integrated low deck for maximum head room, and many other practical features. See below.
Tiny House Trailer Plan Sizes
Choose a Trailer size to meet your Tiny Style with any of these plans we offer:
- These Plans > 8.5′ x 20′ Trailer Deck, Tiny House Trailer Plans
- 8.5′ x 24′ Tiny Home Foundation Plans
- 8.5′ x 30’/32′ Tiny Home Foundation Plans
- 10′ x 32′ Wide Tiny Home Foundation Plans
- 12′ x 32′ Extra Wide Tiny Home Foundation Plans
Of course, these plans are FULLY ENGINEERED, and designed specifically as Tiny House foundations. They are not a re-boot of a utility flat bed.
Like many of you, we are keen on the need for interior space. Even those who want “tiny” appreciate vertical headroom. So, for a low deck (floor) height, we include the obvious drop axles and underslung springs, then we integrate the floor right into the frame. That saves several vertical inches for more head space (and loft space) within. That’s just one of the awesome features of our foundation trailers. For homeowners, it’s a sweet design to build on.
- Plans are fully Engineered specifically as a foundation for your tiny house.
- Adapt almost any floor plan, then build it on top.
- 8.5′ x 20′ nominal bed size. (Actual frame size is 100″ width, see details below.)
- Up to 14,000 lb. Combined Axle Capacity. (Choose 12,000 lb. or 14,000 lb.)
- Bumper Pull Design with High Capacity Tandem Axles.
- Low Deck (House Floor) Height to maximize interior headroom.
- Tiny House Trailer Frame Perimeter Designed to Mount and Support the Walls, Roof Loads, etc..
- A Unique Frame Design With Full Width Cross Members For Easy Construction.
- I-Beam Construction For Max Strength And Stiffness, All In Steel.
- The Standard Design, Plus Various Trailer Options are Included in the Plans.
- Options for Axles. Use Hydraulic Brakes or Electric Brakes.
- Download the Full Detail Drawings and Illustrated Instructions now.
More About The Design
The engineering in these plans goes beyond cut and paste from other tiny house trailers. Since you want a solid foundation, the frame design passes a complete analysis to make sure it will perform at the highest of standards. To assure it, we use tools like FEA to know it is strong enough, and also stiff enough. A Tiny House trailer frame has unique requirements that standard flatbed trailers and car haulers do not. So, if you are building a Tiny House, this is the way to go.
- The trailer frame is 100″ wide allowing siding and edging to extend beyond the frame 1″ on either side. It allows a cascading over the frame to hide it visually, while staying within the legal limit of 8.5′ (102″) for the house itself.
- Max load capacity (depending on options) is 14,000 lbs. (combined axle rating)* which includes the trailer weight.
- A 12,000 lb capacity option is included. Either way, it’s good to have more capacity than you need.
- The design includes a frame perimeter built to support and anchor Tiny House exterior walls. And, the anchoring is flexible to fit your unique floor plan. This makes building on the foundation both easy and very robust.
- Materials selection are for strength and stiffness unique to a Tiny House Trailer. I-Beams support fore and aft loads; Tube to resist frame twist when loads are not uniform; Frame members to anchor and support exterior walls.
- The trailer deck (house floor) integrates into the frame to minimize floor height and maximize headroom.
- The integration of sides, walls, and flooring with the frame design allows maximum space for the house, both horizontally and vertically.
All this because the trailer design has focus from the first pencil stroke as a Tiny House Foundation.
Start Your Tiny House Trailer Frame Right
No doubt, if you are looking for a sturdy Tiny House Trailer as a Foundation, then you’ve come to the right place. Since Mechanical Elements trailers have a purpose driven design, they deserve a close look. And, all our plans are fully engineered. Build it to last a lifetime – and more. Build it well, and it will serve you well for many, many years.
Order the plans above, then download immediately and start building right away!
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.