Build this sturdy Tiny House Foundation, then build on top with your own custom house plans. This is our 20 Foot Length, 100″ Wide Tiny House Trailer, with a design for strength, stiffness, and a lifetime of service. These are Trailer Plans Only, allowing you to confidently build your own Tiny House on wheels.
- 8.5′ x 20′ nominal bed size. (Actual frame size is 100″ width, see below.)
- Up to 14,000 lb. Combined Axle Capacity. (Choose 12,000 lb. or 14,000 lb.)
- Bumper Pull Design with High Capacity Tandem Axles.
- Low Deck (House Floor) Height to maximize headroom.
- Tiny House Trailer Frame Perimeter Designed to Mount and Support Walls.
- Unique Frame Design With Full Width Cross Members For Easy Construction.
- I-Beam Construction For Max Strength And Stiffness. All In Steel.
- Various Options for Building Included in the Plans.
- Options for Axles. Use Hydraulic Brakes or Electric Brakes.
- Download the Full Detail Drawings and Illustrated Instructions now.
Tiny House Trailer Plans:
Through Synthesis we have designed a lot of trailers, and several of them are one-of-a-kind specialty Tiny House Trailer Foundations (not shown on this site). One of the things frequently requested is a low deck (floor) height so that house builders can maximize head space (and loft space) within. So, that is one of the main features of this foundation trailer. To accomplish the task, we include the obvious drop axles, then integrated the floor structure right into the frame. That saves several inches for homeowners and makes a sweet design to build on.
Of course, these are designed as Tiny House foundations, but we have not lost track of the need for interior space within the constraints of the trailer. Even those who like “tiny” appreciate a bit more elbow room and headroom. For a little more space, check out our 24′ Tiny Home Foundation Plans, or the big 30′ / 32′ Foundation Plans.
Here Are Some More Impressive Design Features:
The engineering in these plans goes beyond cut and paste from other tiny house trailers. The frame design is a solid foundation, including considerations for construction as well as complete analysis to make sure it will perform at the highest of standards. To assure it, we use tools like FEA to know it is strong enough, and also stiff enough. A Tiny House trailer frame has unique requirements that standard flatbed trailers and car haulers do not. If you are building a Tiny House, this is the way to go.
- The trailer frame is 100″ wide allowing siding and edging to extend beyond the frame 1″ on either side. It allows a cascading over the frame to hide it visually, while staying within the legal limit of 8.5′ (102″) for the house itself.
- Max load capacity (depending on options) is 14,000 lbs. (combined axle rating)* which includes the trailer weight.
- A 12,000 lb capacity option is included. Either way, it’s good to have more capacity than you need.
- The design includes a perimeter built to support and anchor Tiny House exterior walls. And, the anchoring is flexible to fit your unique floor plan. This makes building on the foundation both easy and very robust.
- Materials selection are for strength and stiffness unique to a Tiny House Trailer. I-Beams to support fore and aft loads; Tube to resist frame twist when loads are not uniform; Frame members to anchor and support exterior walls.
- The trailer deck (house floor) integrates into the frame to minimize floor height and maximize headroom.
- The integration of sides, walls, and flooring with the frame design allows maximum space for the house, both horizontally and vertically.
All this because the trailer design has focus from the first pencil stroke as a Tiny House Foundation.
Start Your Tiny House Trailer Frame Right:
No doubt, if you are looking for a sturdy Tiny House Trailer as a Foundation, then you’ve come to the right place. Since Mechanical Elements trailers have a purpose driven design, they deserve a close look. And, all our plans are fully engineered. Build it to last a lifetime – and more. Build it well, and it will serve you well for many, many years.
Order the plans above, then download immediately and start building right away!
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.