Building a new Tiny Home? You will definitely need a sturdy foundation (trailer) under it. This is our 24 foot Length, 100″ Wide Tiny Home Trailer, designed specifically to meet the needs of Tiny Homes and to last for a lifetime.
- High Capacity Tandem Axles.
- 8.5′ x 24′ nominal bed size. (Actual frame size is 100″ width, see below.)
- Up to 14,000 lb. Total Axle Capacity. (With 12,000# or 14,000# Options.) * Always better to have more capacity than you need.
- Low floor height for maximum headroom inside.
- Trailer frame is designed specifically for supporting load at the perimeter — where the Tiny Home outside walls are.
- Special frame design makes for easier construction.
- Many options are included in the plans.
- Full detail drawings and illustrated instructions are available now for immediate download.
Tiny Home Trailer Plans:
The trailers available on Mechanical Elements are all designed for the jobs intended. Since a Tiny Home trailer has some very different needs compared to Utility trailers and Car haulers, we designed it for the exact job. One of the big things is load permanence. We don’t usually load a utility trailer just once over its lifetime, nor mount a car permanently on the car hauler. Furthermore, we don’t really care if there is a little deflection of a utility trailer. On the other hand, we care a lot if a wall cracks in our Tiny Home. That makes stiffness in the Tiny Home Foundation a lot more important!
So that’s what we do. We have designed several one-of-a-kind specialty Tiny Home Trailer Foundations (for individuals with specific needs). And, we’ve learned a lot about the importance of some of the features. Now, we’ve pulled them all together in these plans (and the slightly shorter 20′ plans and the big 30′ / 32′ Foundation Plans) so you get the benefit without the custom trailer plans price!
One of the things often desired is a low deck (floor) height in order to get the most possible interior headroom. That is, one of the features of this trailer. Of course drop axles are a start, but we did more. By integrating the floor supports into the frame it saves vertical inches. This step also maximizes interior space for a little more elbow room.
Here Are Some More Design Features:
The engineering in these plans is much more than cut and paste from other tiny home trailers. The frame is a solid foundation for your new house, including a cool construction technique to simplify building and help with making everything straight and flat. But it’s more than that, we also use engineering tools like FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to back up our claims of “Stiff” and “Strong”. It’s better than other flatbed trailers, so if you are ready for a new Tiny Home, this is definitely the way to go.
- The trailer frame is 100″ wide so siding and edging can extend beyond the frame 1″ on either side. This hides the frame, while staying within the 8.5′ (102″) legal limit.
- Max capacity is 14,000 lbs. (including the trailer). Option for 12,000 lbs. total capacity.
- Design includes a perimeter framing to support the walls. Anchoring is flexible to fit your unique floor plan and make building both easy and robust.
- Material selections are for strength and stiffness unique to a Tiny Home Trailer. I-Beams for the main loads; Rectangular Tube for crossmembers to resist frame twist; The floor and exterior walls bolt directly to the frame.
- The house floor integrates down into the trailer frame to lower the floor and maximize head space.
- The integration of sides, walls, and flooring with the frame design allows maximum space for the house, both horizontally and vertically.
All this because the trailer design is focus — from the first pencil stroke — as a Tiny Home Foundation.
Start Your Tiny Home Trailer Right:
No doubt, if you are looking for a sturdy Tiny Home Trailer as a Foundation, the Mechanical Elements trailers deserve a long look. Build it to last a lifetime – and more. Build it well, and it will serve you well for many, many years.
Order the plans above, then download immediately and start construction right away! The solid foundation is the first step to a fantastic new home.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.