For a wider house, these are the 10′ wide version of our 32′ tiny house foundation trailer plans. This is the middle width as an answer to the Size Quandary. Build it at 32′ (primary length) or 30′ (optional length). — Just one of the many options in the plans. We also offer this trailer in a traditional 8.5′ Width and in the extra wide size 12′ Wide platform.
With 32′ length and a wider than standard 10′ width, tiny is not so tiny because the added width yields a lot of extra space. All our Tiny House Trailer Plans have a design, with engineering, specifically for building your home on. Build the foundation to last a lifetime.
Wide Tiny House Trailer Plans
The trailers at on Mechanical Elements are designed for the jobs intended. Since Tiny House trailer plans have unique needs, we design these for the exact job. You requested the wider version of our popular 32′ design, so here it is. These are wide tiny house trailer plans. Like the standard width, this trailer has optimization for minimal deflection. Read the Engineering Case Study for Tiny House trailer design on the Synthesis website.
- High capacity triple axles for maximum support.
- 10′ x 32′ nominal deck size, or 30′ length option. (Frame is 118″ wide for house finish at 10′ width.)
- 18,000 lb. capacity. * For more capacity than you should need.
- Optimized low floor because joist support integrates into the frame for max internal head space.
- Trailer frame is designed for supporting load at the perimeter — where outside walls carry the weight.
- Special welded frame design makes for easier construction and a flat, well supported floor.
- Steel frame has I-Beams and Rectangular tube for main supports. Angle is in convenient bolting areas.
- Plans include options.
- Full detail drawings and illustrated instructions come with the download.
- The design is fully Engineered, and ready to go.
- After payment, just save the blueprints to your computer. It’s that fast.
A primary feature is the low deck (house floor) to enhance the interior headroom. Of course it has the option for drop axles, but we did a lot more. The floor integrates into the frame which saves vertical inches to maximize interior space. Now with these wide tiny house trailer plans, tiny is definitely not cramped.
More About The Design
Engineering in these plans includes all we learn from the design of other tiny house trailers. The frame is a solid foundation for your new house, including a cool construction technique to simplify building and help make everything straight and flat. But it’s even more. We use the great engineering tools like FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to back up our claims of “Stiff” and “Strong”. If you are ready for a new Tiny Home, this is the way to go.
- The trailer frame is 118″ wide so siding and edging can extend beyond the frame 1″ on either side. This hides the frame, while staying within 10′ width.
- Total capacity is 18,000 lbs. (including the trailer) total capacity.
- Design includes a perimeter ledge to support the walls. Anchoring is flexible to fit your floor plan and make building both easy and robust.
- Material selections emphasize strength and stiffness for your Tiny Home Foundation. I-Beams for the main loads; Rectangular Tube for crossmembers to resist frame twist; Angle for bolting areas where the exterior walls bolt directly to the frame.
- The house floor integrates down into the trailer frame to lower the floor and maximize head space.
- Since space is important, the integration of sides, walls, and flooring with the frame design allows maximum volume for the house.
- This trailer can modify for 10.5′ width by adding 3″ to every cross member. Just adjust the bill of materials for the change. See towing note below.
All this because the trailer design has a focus as a Tiny House Trailer Foundation. In this case, specifically for wide tiny house trailer plans.
For more detail information about wide tiny house trailer plans, please read the wide sizes introduction article.
Start Your Wide Tiny House Trailer Right
No doubt, if you are looking for a sturdy, yet wide Tiny House Trailer as a Foundation for your new home, here’s your plans. Build it to last a lifetime – and more. Build it well, then it will serve you well.
Order the plans above, then download immediately and start construction right away! The solid foundation from these Tiny House Trailer Plans is the first step to a fantastic new home.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. Strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. After payment confirmation, the Plans are immediately available for Download. Use the link on the return page, or in the email receipt, or login for access.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.