A fantastic trailer with a 10ft bed. Our 6×10 utility trailer plans have all the options and, engineering for excellent Strength, on the road Stability and overall Versatility to meet all kinds of hauling needs. (Some options shown in these animated images.) Do it yourself and build it to meet your exact needs. For an awesome utility trailer, start with these plans!
- Single axle, leaf spring design.
- 6′ x 10′ nominal bed size.
- 3500 lb. Axle Capacity.
- Extra’s included, like a rear Tailgate/Ramp combination.
- Many options for the trailer bed and for spots to tie-down your load.
- Plans for a removable ramp, and various sides options included.
- Also includes a design for a Motorcycle stand.
- Download includes the drawings and the instructions for the DIY Project.
6×10 Utility Trailer Plans Details:
All our trailers are designed for Strength and simplicity with standard beams, gusseting and triangulation for rigidity. They are fully engineered to be strong, by design, starting at the frame, and they do not rely on sides to meet capacity. Yes, sides options are included, but they are not required. The frame is the solid foundation built to perform and to last.
Towing Stability, is achieved with engineering design fundamentals to tow easily. Plans include adjustable options for various load types. Equally important is Maneuverability, so the tongue gives proper vehicle spacing.
Design Versatility is in the plans — with axle and brake choices, load and deck height variations, sides (or not), a top (or not), and deck material choices. Options include ramps or tailgates like a fold down tailgate/ramp combination. — All are included.
Finally, there are options for Flexibility like a hidden ramp, motorcycle stands, an aerodynamic-ish front, toolbox mounting, infinitely variable tie-down placement, and more. Pictures show some of the options. We encourage you to customize the trailer for your unique needs.
Plans include complete drawings and illustrated instructions — with construction tips. They also have a parts and materials list with suggestions for purchasing components.
Utility Trailer Technical Information:
- * Trailers built from these 6×10 utility trailer plans have beds with an actual size 1.5″ wider than 6 ft. and 3.5″ longer than 10 ft.
- Full trailer length with the tongue is 52″-58″ longer than the 10 ft. bed length.
- Height of the bed depends on some of the design choices, and it will range from 16 inches up. (Bed height shown is ~19″.)
- Axle capacity is 3500 lbs.* Available loading capacity will depend on options, and includes the trailer weight.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on added options — Typically 800-ish lbs. (Sides and deck options can add weight quickly.)
- Several options are included in the plans to give a wide variety of possible function. Some options are mutually exclusive, but not all options appear in the pictures here.
- Plans include customization ideas for special uses – from ATV & motorcycles, to trash or furniture or landscape needs.
Trailer Plans in our 6' Bed Width Family
(Nominal bed Width is 6')
Chart Shows Bed Length & Capacity Options
|3500 lb. Single Axle *||X||X||X|
|6000 lb. Single Axle *||X||X|
|7000 lb. Tandem Axle *||X||X|
|10,000 lb. / 12,000 lb.
Tandem Axle *
* Load capacity is the complete trailer weight (Trailer + Cargo).
Image shows a generic layout.
Actual size will vary with parts chosen.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.