A fantastic utility trailer with a full 10ft+ bed. Our 6×10 utility trailer plans have many options and, engineering for excellent Strength, on the road Stability and overall Versatility to meet all kinds of hauling needs. (Some options shown in these animated images.) Do it yourself and build it to meet your exact needs. For an awesome utility trailer, start with these plans!
This trailer is one size wider than our 5×10 Trailer Plans. In length, these 6×10 utility trailer plans fit between the shorter 6×8 and the 6×12 which is the next size longer. All are 3500 lb. capacity.
- Single axle, leaf spring design.
- 6′ x 10′ nominal bed size, though the full deck is a little bigger in both directions.
- 3500 lb. Axle Capacity.
- Extra’s include a hinged Tailgate/Ramp combination.
- There are options for the trailer deck surface, and for spots to tie-down your load.
- Plans for a removable ramp which stores under the trailer, and various options for sides.
- Also includes a design for a Motorcycle stand.
- Download includes both the drawings and the instructions for the DIY Project.
6×10 Utility Trailer Plans Details
A very popular trailer size because it will do so much. The 6×10 Utility Trailer Plans also include options to make it fit your specific needs. However, we also realize you may have your own ideas and options, so we encourage customizing. The sky is almost the limit, though you should probably read about when it’s safe to customize. Then build the best possible trailer for you.
All our trailer designs include Strength and simplicity with standard beams, gusseting and triangulation for rigidity. They are strong, by engineering and design, starting at the frame, and they do not rely on sides to meet capacity. Yes, sides options are included, but they are not required. The frame is a solid foundation so the trailer will perform and last.
Towing Stability, comes from engineering design fundamentals to tow easily. Though the plans include adjustable options for various load types, you can choose. Equally important is Maneuverability, so the tongue is long enough to give proper vehicle spacing.
Design Versatility is in the plans — with axle and brake choices, load and deck height variations, sides (or not), a top (or not), and deck material choices. Options include ramps or tailgates like a fold down tailgate/ramp combination. — All are in the blueprints and instructions.
Finally, there are options for Flexibility like a hidden ramp, motorcycle stands, an aerodynamic-ish front, toolbox mounting, infinitely variable tie-down placement, and more. Pictures show some of the options. While we encourage customizing, we also suggest these guidelines to think about.
Plans include complete drawings and illustrations with the instructions — and construction tips. They also have a parts lists and a materials list along with suggestions for purchasing components.
Utility Trailer Technical Information
- * Trailers built from these 6×10 utility trailer plans have beds with an actual size 2″ wider than 6 ft. and 3.5″ longer than 10 ft.
- Full trailer length with the tongue is ~174″, though that will vary with options.
- Height of the bed depends on your component choices, and it will range from 16 inches up. (Bed height shown is ~19″ with a drop axle. ~23 with a straight axle.)
- Axle capacity is 3500 lbs.* Available load capacity will depend on options, and the total capacity includes the trailer weight.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on added options — Typically 750-ish lbs. (Sides and deck options can add weight quickly.)
- Several options are in the plans to give a wide variety of possible function. Some options are mutually exclusive, though not all options appear in the pictures here.
- 6×10 Utility Trailer Plans include customization ideas for special uses – from ATV & motorcycles, to trash or furniture or landscape needs.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.