A 4×8 utility trailer is a great size – perfect for odd jobs or hauling for a motorcycle. This 3500 lb capacity version is rugged and built to haul a lot of stuff — yet, the 4ft width also makes this easy to tow behind a mid-sized vehicle (see your vehicle specs.). It’s also easier to store! If you need plans for a small sized, very tough utility trailer, look no further.
- 4′ x 8′ Nominal Bed Size. (Actual Size is Slightly Larger.)
- Single Axle, 3500 lb. Capacity, Leaf Spring Style — with Straight or Drop axle options.
- Mixed Tube, Channel and Angle construction for lightweight and easy fabrication.
- Multiple Deck Options.
- Multiple Sides options, or build a flat bed, because sides are optional.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans include complete drawings and our illustrated instructions.
4×8 Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions — including a parts list, suggested places to purchase the components, and construction options. (The pictures here and above, show some of the options. Others options are also in the blueprints.)
Design options maximize utility and usefulness and allow trailer customizing for your particular needs. The base trailer is a flat bed, but things like sides, a top, or tailgate are easy additions. Then add extras like a motorcycle stand, a ramp, tie-down bars, and toolbox mounting (also in the plans) for the perfect 4×8 utility trailer.
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 4 ft. wide x 8 ft. long, and will accommodate full 4×8 sheet goods laying flat.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~147 inches. (Will vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height depends on your choice of options — from 18 inches up. (Bed height shown is ~19″ with drop axle.)
- This 4×8 utility trailer has a Max capacity (depending on options) of 3500 lbs.* including the trailer.
- Trailer weight varies with design options — from 550 lbs (minimal flat bed) on up.
Need Something A Little Lighter Duty? See the 4×8-2000 lb. Utility Trailer.
Want Something Wider? Check out the 5×8-3500 lb. Trailer Plans.
Need a Torsion Axle instead? We have 4×8-3500 Torsion Axle Trailer Plans too.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- Then, for more on trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.