A 4×8 utility trailer is a great size – perfect for odd jobs and/or hauling for a motorcycle. This 3500 lb capacity version is very rugged and built to haul a lot of stuff — yet the 4ft width also makes this easy to tow behind a mid-sized vehicle (see your vehicle specs.). If you need plans for a smaller sized, very tough utility trailer, look no further.
- 4′ x 8′ Nominal Bed Size.
- Single Axle, 3500 lb. Capacity, Leaf Spring Style.
- Removable ramps, and sides options included.
- Motorcycle stand plans included.
- Plans include complete drawings and instructions.
4×8 Utility Trailer Details:
Plans include easy to follow, illustrated instructions — including a parts list, suggested places to purchase the components, and construction options. (The picture shows some of the options. Others also included.)
Design options maximize utility and usefulness and allow trailer customizing for your particular needs. The base trailer is a flat bed, but things like a top, sides or tailgate can be added. Extras like a motorcycle stand, a ramp and toolbox mounting (also included in the plans) can be added as desired.
- Trailer bed size is slightly larger than 4 ft. wide x 8 ft. long, and will accommodate 4×8 sheet goods laying flat.
- Overall length including the tongue is ~153 inches. (May vary with options.)
- Trailer bed height will depend on design options chosen and can range from 16 inches up.(Bed height shown is ~19″.)
- Max capacity (depending on options) is 3500 lbs.* including the trailer.
- Trailer weight will vary depending on design options, but will range from 550 lbs (minimal flat bed) up.
Need Something A Little Lighter? See the 4×8-2000 lb. Utility Trailer.
Reminder: Trailer construction requires metalworking skills and tools for things like cutting, drilling, accurate fixturing and set-up, as well as welding. The strength, durability, and enjoyment depend on how well the trailer is made. Build it well, then Enjoy the Finished Project !!
Trailer Plans & Information:
- Purchase these plans with the “ADD TO CART” button above. Download is available right after confirmed payment.
- For more information about the plans, check out these two articles: What’s In The Plans? and What Makes Our Trailer Plans Better?
- And, for even more about trailers, try these two articles from Synthesis Engineering: “What Makes A Good Trailer Design?” and “Choosing The Right Utility Trailer”.